This is a delicious recipe for cornbread that you must try. My fiancé, a native of South Carolina, absolutely loves this and says it tastes like true southern cornbread. The best part about this recipe is how easy it is!
Yogurt Cornbread Recipe
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
6 tablespoons butter
½ cup granulated sugar
1 cup plain yogurt (I used Fat Free)
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup yellow cornmeal (I used stone ground)
1 cup all purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
First and foremost, spray a 9 inch skillet with cooking spray and place it in the oven set at 375 degrees while you are assembling the recipe. This step is crucial to ensure your bread has a crispy exterior.
· Melt butter in microwave; quickly mix butter, sugar and eggs. Beat until well combined
· Combine yogurt with baking soda and add to the butter mixture
· Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt (few lumps may remain)
· Take heated skillet out of the oven
· Pour batter into skillet, making sure to cover bottom surface
· Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Once finished baking, the cornbread should easily slide off the skillet, onto a plate.
This will be a great addition to your Thanksgiving meal.